Friday, April 30, 2010

Pikelet at Oxford Art Factory.

With The Maple Trail and Songs.

Unfortunately my photos from this night are not much chop...I've borrowed a Nikon D70 from my brother which is really awesome, but I basically have no idea what I'm doing with it most of the time. So learning little by little.

It had been a good year and a bit since I'd seen The Maple Trail so I was pretty excited to hear some of their new stuff. As it turns out I only caught the middle of their set but from the sounds of it, they've still got it...so many layers and all of them brilliant.

Up next was Songs - I didn't know of this band until I got back from overseas last October but on the two occasions I've seen them since they've been fantastic. They just seem so together.

Perhaps it was only because I thought the supports were so on it, but Pikelet wasn't all I was hoping for. In fairness, the crowd did seem a little talkative and I was pretty distracted throughout most of her set, but somehow it all felt a bit sameish. Maybe her solo performance would be a little more varied.

5 comments:

Morris said...

WHAT ABOUT RICE CORPSE

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
佳帆 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
BradleyR_欣儀 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
馨裕 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.